Am I being unreasonable?

My hubby works atleast 40 hours most weeks 45+...then he is on a Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday softball league. On top of which he umps little league baseball, Tuesdays and Saturdays and sometimes Fridays! So that leaves me and our 12 mth old Sundays with him. and then he wants to bitch when he doesnt get time with his friends or to go fishing! No granit he gets paid $20 a game to ump, but really family time is more important to me! he gets so mad when i tell him next year is is picking umping or softball! Is that unreasonable of me? What would you do? Also he gets pissy if i want to go out and do things on sunday with him because HE wants to relax! well guess what i am stuck home all week by myself (i.e. NO ADULT TIME) i love being home with my DD but really!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 3:41 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• NO THATS not fair for y'all. Family should be no#1 on the priority list.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 3:51 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No its not fair to you. Do you have a child playing little league? $20 is nothing he could get that working over time. He should treasure the time he has with his daughter before its to late. My husband is the same way and I tell him we made her and WE will raise her so either give up your softball or stop bitching when WE want some of YOUR time because your taking OUR family time playing softball.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Oh yes, he does have too many activities. He sounds like he enjoys keeping busy. No you are not being unreasonable. Have a talk with him. Make sure it doesn't come off as nagging. Tell him you miss him and you want to have more time with him and some adult time. Also, don' t hesitate to get a baby sitter and have some time to yourself! You can go out and have fun too.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 3:45 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No way are you being unreasonable. You need some time to yourself and you and him need some time together. Does he really need to work so much? He's going to be sorry when your little girl is all grown up and he missed it! One of these days when he comes home you should have a sitter or a grandparent there and say "I am going out to dinner/movie/have a drink. come along if you want to!"
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 3:47 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No we dont have kids in the little league, and no he doesnt HAVE to work that much. The over time at work yes, we need that, but the $20 he gets for umping is going to Chirstmas...and I would much rather NOT have a Christmas and have time with him! Not to mention I feel like a single mom! He gets home from work around 4/4:30, we eat and he leaves because he has to be at the feild by 5:30 then he gets home around 8/8:30 and our DD goes to be around 9:30 and he is way gone in the AM before she gets up! So in the past week she has seen him MAYBE 13 hours! MAYBE if even that! I am so sick of it! buy my family all just loves him and thinks i am in the wrong and i shouldnt bitch to him about it, but i am MAD AS HELL! He has been gone today since 12:30 and its 4 and we had an appt at 4 that i had to call and cancle!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 4:00 PM on May. 16, 2009

• You married him, either deal with it or tell him how it is.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 4:00 PM on May. 16, 2009

• no your not being unreasonable.what time is he really spending witht the baby.just like he neds time, you need time.all the extra shit isnt necesary.he doesnt have to be apart of everything.maybe even just once in a blue but its not a necessity.you need time for yourself. you didnt create the baby yourself you shouldnt be the only one thats with the baby almost every second of every day.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 4:01 PM on May. 16, 2009

• did you know he worked this hard and had these interests when you married him? Enough said

Answer by admckenzie at 4:32 PM on May. 16, 2009