BF question and losing weight

I want to lose weight but i am bf'ing how many calories do I need I don't want to diet just need to know how many calories i need daily so I don't go over just plan on eating healthier foods
thanks

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 3:59 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you need 300 EXTRA calories to breastfeed
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 4:10 PM on May. 16, 2009

• what is the total caloric intake I don't know what it is if I am not nursing
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 4:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• depending on your stature and activity level you should eat between 1200-2000 calories a day. While breastfeeding eat between 1500-2500. I eat what I want anyway.... I do not gain weight while breastfeeding. In 2 more months I will wean and then worry about diet
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:25 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I have not gained any weight I just want to lose the rest of the preg weight and dd is only 8 weeks and I will nurse her until she is ready to stop thanks for the info
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 4:27 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Minimum for breastfeeding moms is 1800 calories a day...thats 1500 for you 500 for the baby...that is a baby that gets nothing but you no solids no formula
    heres a good link
    http://www.kellymom.com/nutrition/mom/mom-calories-fluids.html
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 4:37 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Don't put a number on it. Eat just enough healthy foods to fill you when you're hungry. You'll be eating more than prepregnancy, but it'll burn. Stay hydrated and don't stress calories.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:06 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I am bf'ing and only eat when I'm hungry. I dont' go overboard thinking I need to eat a lot when I don't. In the beginning, she was so needy and fussy that I barely had any time to eat anything and always worried about my milk supply but it was never affected. Just eat when you're hungry and feed your kid as much as he/she wants it. That helped me.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:51 PM on May. 18, 2009