So, how would you feel about this?

My fiance proposed to me a few months ago and bought me the most beautiful ring. Well, we went over to his parents house and they saw it. Well, like a month ago, his mom tells me about this ring they just bought saying it looks like mine. IT IS MINE! They went out and bought the identical ring, just for her to wear casually. On Wed., she came here with it on her right finger on her right hand. Just casually wearing it as if it was a piece of fashion jewelry. It is a $4000 ring, so it's not something you see all over. It is a new style and I have yet to see someone else wearing it, except her of course!!! WTF does she need my exact ring for? All the jewelry in the world, and they go and buy my ring. I told my bf to ask them what the hell they were thinking. She sees it as no big deal and said that EVERYTHING BOTHERS ME!! WEll, hell yeah it bothered me. It's my engagement ring, not just a pair of earrings!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes it would bother me. Engagement rings are supposed to be special and unique and its always fun to show people yours because I don't think I've ever seen 2 people with the same engagement ring. So I think it is tacky and kind of shitty that she would go out and buy an engagement ring, that happens to be the EXACT ring as you, just to wear for a regular ring. I mean who does that? I've never heard of anyone buying an engagement ring just as a regular, casual, ring. MIL's these days, I'll tell ya. A word of advice, don't let her see your wedding dress. She'll probably run out and buy the exact same dress and just wear it "casually."
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 8:36 PM on May. 16, 2009

• *ring finger on her right hand
    Anonymous

• that would have pissed me off too. i mean it's not like you showed off the ring like you would a pair of new pants, and have no problem if your MIL got a similar one!
    Anonymous

• I would be so pissed too! But take a deep breath. If she can afford that kind of jewelry she probably won't wear it for that long anyway. And even if she does, yours has sentimental value hers doesn't. Try to keep that in mind...

Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:26 PM on May. 16, 2009

• That's just plain inconsiderate. Good luck with that!
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 4:27 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I guess it would bother me I don't know but if it is not as important to her as it is to you after a while she probably won't even wear it anymore.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 4:28 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Well, she told bf that she already took it back, which is a lie. She was wearing it on wednesday and has been sick the past couple of days, so I know she hasn't taken it back. She probably will now, or just never wear it in front of me. I found that so disrespectful. I'm afraid to tell my mom about this. She'd never like the woman again.
    Anonymous

• I wonder what her dress will look like for the wedding!!
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 4:29 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Does it seem like she is in competition with me? Why the hell would she buy the SAME ring? This woman has tons of jewelry. Did she really need my ring to add to it? I said something to bf. Sorry, but I had to open my mouth this time.
    Anonymous

• Eirelass! LMFAO! Yeah, she'll probably wear white too.
    Anonymous