Do low income attorneys fight just as well as a high paid attorney???

My son father is paying an attorney but i have no job and have to go through legal aid....i was just wondering if anyone new if i'll have the same advantages with my attorney as he will...i dont want to be screwed in court......Im a bit worry ive never had to do this before...

Tarrin1Mommy

Asked by Tarrin1Mommy at 4:47 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes!!!
    Anonymous

• It depends on how you got the attorney... Was it appointed to you through the court then no they dont fight as hard as paid attorneys. If you got the attorney your self through special aid help then yes. It all depends on the case and what it deals with. I worked for legal aid for 4 years before becoming part of a firm and I always work just as hard on each and every case. If you need anymore help you can message me at helpinghandsgastonia@yahoo.com
    Anonymous

• Most attorneys I know work just as hard either way. A lot of newer attorneys start out in government jobs to cut their teeth. The good is that they are very eager to learn and will work hard. The bad is that they are learning along the way. These attorneys then are usually recruited to the private sector where they hone the skills they learn, but with much more pressure because they're working on a hundred other files, so they don't neccessarily have the time to explore every single research point.

Keep the line of communication open with your attorney, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Stay involved, and you'll gain confidence in the relationship.
    Anonymous

• They are not only working for you but they are working to build their own reputation. In the legal field it would not do well to be known as a loser so yes most attorneys LOVE to win no matter how much they get paid. They get to gloat when they beat a high paid lawyer. It's an ego thing!

Answer by admckenzie at 5:15 PM on May. 16, 2009

• They sometimes work more than a high priced attorney.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:28 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No. But check out probono.net. I have a friend who works with that site.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:09 PM on May. 16, 2009