Do you think this song reflects the feelings between different religions?

Ok, I have the song One Tin Soldier by Coven on my playlist. I have known this song for years (I started singing it in 6th grade which was in '94). As I ma listening to it, I think it talks alot about the differences between christian and non-christian religions. If you've never heard the song, it's on my playlist here And yes I know it's not an 80's song or a one hit wonder). It's number 50. What do you think?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 4:50 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think you are right. "Go ahead and hate your neighbor, go ahead and cheat a friend, do it in the name of Heaven, you can justify it in the end." Everyone talks about doing this and that for the glory of God. Dying and killing for the glory of a God is no way to live in peace.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:10 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I agree.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 5:24 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I just don't know, I am a soldier.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 8:11 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I love that song. I never tied the meaning in with religious differences, per se, but more one group of people feeling justified in taking from another simply because they want something... but yes you're right, that line in particular definitely describes SOME religious folk...people killing each other in the name of their deity.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:20 PM on May. 16, 2009