For the skinny ladies

Please no rude comments.I know this probably sounds weird,but does anyone know of a good way to gain weight?I'm 108 pds and just had a baby 2wks ago.I started off at 92 pds before i was pregnant.I don't want to lose any more weight.Just stuffing my face with food doesn't seem to help.My whole life i have been underweight and have been picked on because of it.I have been accused so many times of being anorexic.I have no self esteem,i feel less of a woman.Can anyone suggest something to help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Health

• Eat more starches and breads and there is a pill at GNC that will help you gain up to 20lbs...... it is to help with people that keep lossing weight due to health problems and med problems...
    Anonymous

• Unless your doctor can suggest safe supplements of some kind- just do what you are doing. I am underweight too, and I drink those carnation instant breakfast shakes (2 a day) to maintain my weight, and now with me being pregnant it is really important for me to do that. I seems to work. Lotsa protein in any safe form- complex carbs.
    JacquieG83

Answer by JacquieG83 at 4:59 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Well... what can I say? I wish I was closer to your wieght than mine. I had my daughter on 2/25/09 and I have 20lbs to lose at least. I used to be as skinny as you then all of a sudden I started gaining weight. You just have a good metabolism. 108 is a good weight depending on your height. I would love to be 110-115lbs. Everything looks so much cuter in smaller sizes. I curently weigh 140 and I'm 5'2". I totally understand how you feel, it's just as hard for you to gain weight as it is for me to lose weight. I think your metabolism slows down a bit once you have kids. I know it was a lot easier for me to lose weight with my 1st child than it is now with my 2nd. Best of luck.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:05 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I'm not twiggy, but at healthy weight.

But I do remember getting unhealthy skinny after my baby was born too. She was literally sucking it out of me through nursing.

I was concerned about the weight-loss especially because of how it might effect my milk production. I ended up eating a lot of high calorie energy bars to get keep up. Seemed to do the trick for me.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 5:31 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I have always been real thin too but I am also very short so it balanced out. Have you had your thyroid checked to make sure it isn't overactive? Aside from that, those carnation instant breakfast drinks are what my dr. recommended for my son who was underweight.
    Anonymous

• That happened to me too after my first. I was 100 lbs before and 110 afterwards (at 2 weeks like you) but by 4 months postpartum I was back to my 100 lbs. After my second kid I have retained the extra weight. I say just try and wait it out if this was your first kid and you plan on more. Otherwise I have no ideas, sorry.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:42 PM on May. 16, 2009

• There are some supplements that recommend for the underweight folks. Let me know if you are interested.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 10:15 PM on May. 16, 2009