Craft Ideas??

Does anyone know any cheap craft ideas to do with a 2 1/2 year old? The easier the better for her, she has a short attention span. lol. As most toddlers do.

krochholz

Asked by krochholz at 5:03 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I used to go to Joann's and buy these wooden items to paint--I think my daughter and I did picture frames, a door knob hanger, a heart to put on the wall, etc. They are only about a dollar, and she can paint it however she wants, and when she gets tired of it can toss it without me feeling like we spent tons of money. I also made sure she has lots of colored pencils and crayons, washable markers, etc and some craft paper. I actually had some pictures from my kids framed and took them to work so I could see their art in my little cube
    fairylion

Answer by fairylion at 7:51 PM on May. 16, 2009

• they also have those foam things like a foam door hanger..and then you glue other foam peices on to make words or pictures...or a foam visor. kids get a kick out of those! I dont actually remember if you glue the foam peices on or you peal a backing off like a sticker and put it on..
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:34 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Take an empty bottle, water, salad dressing, juice, whatever! let her rip tissue paper and then water down some glue and let her brugh the bottle with glue and then put on tissue paper. If she looses interest you can always leave it and come back to it later. If/when she finishes it you have a lovely little vase.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:53 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I use to take those foam shapes and popsicle sticks. Have ur dd stick them on the stick decorate them and then u have a puppet!!!
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 10:05 PM on May. 20, 2009