Has Cafemom become boring - just a pass by?

I have been a member for over 3yrs and Cafemom is nothing like it was when I first joined.. Does anyone else feel the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on May. 16, 2009 in About CafeMom

• yeah i have only been a member for about a year and a half and i have seen a big change all around. It seems like moms dont want to help other moms and there is always some kind of fighting going on here.... I have seen the rude commits have slowed down but I hardly spend alot of time on here anymore because its not the same anymore
    Anonymous

• I think I have been a member for 2 years...cannot remember how long I've been here. But, you're right...it is getting boring. I don't ever visit groups anymore. I surf through the Journals and the Answers section and rarely find something that piques my interest. It's a lot of the same thing over and over again. Women pitching a fit about their SOs, asking the same dull questions...Every once I a while I come across something worth reading. I don't come here often anymore...just more to check and see if there's something new.
    Anonymous

• Yes, It's become nothing but a place for women to spew their venom at each other for every little thing. In the beginning, I came here to encourage and be encouraged, but anymore, it's been a real disappointment and nothing but hurtful. I'm so done with it...

Anonymous

• It has slowed down.Not sure what's up. More competition? Scared off by those guys last year that got on attacking everyone they could? Who knows? I did read in the paper the other day that there are about a dozen new mom groups out there, probably due to the success of CM. I'll miss them. I dont like change so I'm not leaving.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on May. 16, 2009

• It seems to have gotten boring even since I've joined and that was just about 2-3 months ago. There are a lot of cat fights on here though. That may have a lot to do with it because I know that I personally won't post a lot of things that I am thinking simply b/c I do not want to be attacked for something that I say that someone may not agree with, so I mostly browse.
    Anonymous

• There are some lulls at times, but I still enjoy being here compared to facebook and myspace, those are really boring!
    LaNette000

Answer by LaNette000 at 5:35 PM on May. 16, 2009

• CM is definitely not the same but imo it's better. I think you have to find the right places for you. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 1:33 PM on May. 17, 2009