Stretch marks..

I weighed 10.2 when I was born. My mom went 42 weeks. She didn't get stretch marks until very end. Is there any hope I won't if I delivery ontime and have normal sized baby? I am working out a ton, drinking water..a lot, and putting lotion on 3 times a day. My mom didn't do any of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you should be good, exercise is a big part of it... a 10.2 lb baby is big and stretches you out alot... also they make thes cream for stretch mark scars that cost $8 at walmart and it will get rid of any you get in 2 weeks
    Anonymous

• I didn't have any with my first two, now with this one(23 weeks) I've noticed some on my butt but very faint. I work out too and use the lotion(just started using the lotion though) so I guess it's all you can do at this point. I started with the lotion right away with my first two and didn't get any, but this one I started too late. I don't know if it really works but can't hurt!!
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 5:13 PM on May. 16, 2009

• use BIO OIL-it works MAGIC, and even if you have a 10 lb baby just remember that u need to keep to ur routine and eat healthy-your hot premama bod will be back in no time!
    Anonymous

• Most of the time you will follow the pattern of your mother- you may be able to diminish them but chances are if she got them you will. Also I noticed that I got some in puberty so to me that was a precursor to my stomach looking as if a cat clawed me to death!! But even if you get them they fade, and the lotions do help but I didn't seem to stop them completely. Hopefully you have more elasticity in your skin. Good luck!!
    JacquieG83

Answer by JacquieG83 at 5:22 PM on May. 16, 2009

• im already 2 days overdue...and I have NO stretchmarks on my stomach...soo you should be ok if you have it on time but it really depends on yhour age the younger you are the less liable you are to get stretchmarks because your ksin is more elasticy or something...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:32 PM on May. 16, 2009

• well I have a ton of stretch marks. after my first child they faded alot but came back full force with my 2nd, and I got more. Now Im almost done with my 3rd child, and not only did all of them come back...I have some going the oppisote direction. I really think it is just random genetics. my sister has none and my other has a ton like me. lotion before and after delivery did nothing for me. I didnt even try this time around...they are just a reminder to me of my little miracles. and Im okay with that..
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 6:54 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i hate stretch marks u might get lucky and not get them i put lotion on everyday and i have a bunch of them i started out at 110lbs and at 38 weeks weigh 150lbs sigh
    mama1234512

Answer by mama1234512 at 7:56 PM on May. 16, 2009