HAS NE ONE ELSE FELT LOST W/OUT THEIR BELLY ONCE U HVE YOR BABY? ITS WEIRD CUZ I WAS MISERABLE BEIN PREGNANT, BUT NOW THAT I HAVE HAD MY BABY ITS LIKE SO WEIRD NOT TO HVE HIM IN MY BELLY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I felt that way when my son was born at 24 weeks, i felt lost and heart broken.... the feeling will go away it will just take time to get use to the baby being there with you instead of in ur belly... i still look down at my belly from time to time and get that feeling and my son is 10 month
    Anonymous

• YES! I still touched my tummy when I was post partum!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:16 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yeah, it takes us a minute to adjust both mentally and physically.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:37 PM on May. 16, 2009

• You'll get used to it, I promise =]

My fiance and I had to go back to the hospital the day after my daughter came home because I forgot my pillow. I felt SO weird. I felt like everyone was looking at me. I wanted to scream "I JUST HAD A BABY 72 HOURS AGO OMGOMGOMGOMG!" Haha. I looked so ragged that first week.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:05 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I want to be pregnant again lmao. But not have the baby for many years, like Bonnie on Family Guy.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 6:31 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I felt the same way and I still do sometimes and my baby is four months old now. I remember the first month or two I would look at him and I just wanted to eat him up and keep him inside me forever. I'm a first time mom and I think the possibilities of things that could happen to my baby boy were overwhelming and I wanted to keep him safe always. I miss my belly too, but not too much because unfortunately it hasn't totally gone away! :) Those last 15 pounds might be my new best friend!
    sweetgabesmom

Answer by sweetgabesmom at 7:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I HATED the first few months of being pregnant because I basically lived in the bathroom with morning sickness. When that finally went away and I really started getting the baby belly (mine came really fast because I was having twins) I was totally in love with it! I would tell people that i LOVED my baby belly. Those pictures were the ones I look the happiest in...then I had the twins 8 weeks early and couldn't hold them until they were 3 weeks old and couldn't bring them home until they were 7 weeks old. i still touch my stomach when I'm nervous about something...or oddly...when I'm thinking about my twins I touch my stomach. I've even noticed when I'm talking to someone about the twins...I touch my stomach. It's so weird. lol

I'm loving having them home...so that's helping me not miss the baby belly...i agree with KareemsMami though...i want to be like Bonnie on Family Guy. lol (as long as I could have twins...lol)
    newmom2bgtwins

Answer by newmom2bgtwins at 10:19 PM on May. 16, 2009