I am going deaf...how do you cope with tantrums?

My two year old is driving me insane and deaf due to his unending tantrums. We have a behavioral specialist working with us, but she literally wants me to play war of the wills with this very strong willed boy. On Friday night, he wouldn't say "please" when he wanted apple juice during the dinner time. So we didn't let him get down from the high chair. We sat two hours with him to get this simple word out of him that we used to hear when he was first learning to talk. He screams all the time. My ears and my head spin from the high-pitched screams. I feel bad for my 4 year old because he covers his ears. I put the 2 year old in the crib and he can scream there. But I'm concerned that all we do is manage "screaming tantrums"...no quality time with a strong willed toddler, just a lot of banishment to a high chair or crib.

MissV.

Asked by MissV. at 5:10 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hopefully this, like most other things, is just a stage that he's going through and it will end soon. I'm sorry I can't give you any better advice. But, you're not alone. Everytime I call my best friend, her 2yo daughter is screeching in the background (mostly because she's still breastfed and mom wants to wean her and they're having the power struggle).
    Anonymous