what!!!!

okay i'm so confused i went to the doctors today for my 2nd ultrasound the doctor said he didn't see or hear my babys heart beat!!he said i could have miscarried but i never had any bleeding!or pain!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's possible that sometimes your body will start to miscarry when the hormones fall more. Or, they may have to do a D&C
    Anonymous

• Also depending on how far along you are the baby can hid there own heart beat with yours, it all depends on how the baby is positioned and how far along you were.... also it is very possible for you to miscarry... I did with my first and i didnt have any bleeding or anything and they didnt even know until a month after when they did an exam
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately this does happen. I had a friend who didn't go to the doctor until she was 20 weeks. When she got there they couldn't find her baby's heartbeat with the doppler so they hooked her up to the ultrasound. Still no heartbeat. They determined her baby died probably around week 6 and her body just never miscarried the baby so they did a D&C. I'm sorry if this is the case for you! :(
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:19 PM on May. 16, 2009

• well i'm about 16 weeks or was!!
    Anonymous

• How big did the baby measure? How long did they scan? What did the doctor say?
    Anonymous

• your body can actually "hide" the baby however if you misscarried early there is a chance that your body can naturally breakdown the baby and you never bleed or anything-your body just absorbs the body...
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 5:23 PM on May. 16, 2009

• this happened to my sister, she went to her ultrasound appointment at 8 weeks and her baby was measuring at 5 weeks and didnt have a heart beat, but she didnt bleed or cramp. She did say that she felt a little unattached like no naseau and she didnt really feel pregnant, she wanted to be pregnant but she just didnt feel pregnant and would sometimes forget that she was pregnant. I hope the best for you. If it ends up being bad news I wish you the best as well. I know what its like to lose a child.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 5:30 PM on May. 16, 2009