I just created an account with Associated Content...

I have a lot of journal entries that I'd like to doctor up and publish on Associated Content, giving them exclusive rights to my work. Here's my question-- Associated Content wants to know if I've "published" my work anywhere previously to publishing it with them. If I did, then I can't give them exclusive rights. Does writing a journal on CM count as "publishing" my work outside of Associated Content? Or are they referring to real publishers who pay you for your work?

Likewise, if I write something for Associated Content, and give them exclusive rights, am I allowed to copy/paste it into a journal on CM?

kimberleee382

Asked by kimberleee382 at 5:16 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• My understanding is that if it can be found anywhere on the web, it can be considered published before. What you can do is delete it from here and any other site it may be on, and then try to publish it there.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:35 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes, it does.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 7:35 AM on May. 17, 2009

• That's a good idea! Some of my older posts that aren't generating anymore views... I may as well delete them and post them on AC
    Thanks for the tip!
    kimberleee382

Answer by kimberleee382 at 3:43 PM on May. 17, 2009