Can I give my 22 month old honey for his cough?

My parents suggested it. I'm scared to give him cold/cough medicine because of all the things the news has said. He only weighs about 22lbs. He's a litlle under weight for his age, so I'd rather not give him any cough/cold medicine.

mommy2joeynabby

Asked by mommy2joeynabby at 5:18 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's recommended that you not give honey until age two. Honey can contain botulism.
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    His immune system is developed enough to handle any botulism spores that MAY be in the honey. And honey has actually been proven to be more effective at quieting a cough than the OTC meds we usually take.

Hope he feels better soon!

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:20 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes, he can have honey at 12 months
    Anonymous

• darn 22 lbs at 22 months he is tiny! lol kid needs honey.. donuts.. anything u can feed him!
    Anonymous

• No you shouldn't do it until they are at least 2. If you still want to even though it is advised that you don't just watch him carefully. Of course you know that though.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 5:48 PM on May. 16, 2009