How can I jumpstart my first postpartum period?? *I'm still nursing*

My son will be one next weekend and we are very much ready to start trying to conceive but I havent had a postpartum period yet!

I have read that Vitex works really well at helping return your period, but I have read some scary stuff about it as well. Like its really great at helping you ovulate and get pregnant, but if you stop taking it once you get pregnant you will probably miscarry. But it's not really safe to take while pregnant...But I have read that its ok in the first trimester to wean off of it and you'll be ok...

My son doesnt even nurse very much, he takes bottles during the day and nurses some at night. I'm surprised my AF hasnt returned yet! After my daughter it took 13.5 months and 6 weeks after that I ovulated and conceived my son.

Any other ideas on how to start my period?? Its very frustrating!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Why don't you wait and let your body be ready naturally?
    Anonymous

• Was that really a helpful answer?

I dont want to wait b/c its been a year and I still havent had a period. We are ready to TTC again and it would be wonderful it my period would just return naturally, but sometimes for some women that doesnt happen for years. We dont want to wait years. We want our kids close in age and as I said, we are ready now.

Thanks.
    Anonymous

• You cannot jump start it. Your period will return when Aunt Flo is good and ready. This is your body's way of making sure you don't get pregnant before it is ready for it. What you want in your head is irrelevant to the biology.

Start trying now. You might actually be pregnant already. It's not uncommon for women to have multiple pregnancies back to back without a menstrual period.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:16 PM on May. 16, 2009