where do you keep?

your condoms and other...stuff...f hidden from your kids (preteens) seeing?
My son is getting to that age.

Thanks,
Lisa

MissLisa7657

Asked by MissLisa7657 at 5:22 PM on May. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• My mom bought a tool box and locked it up and put it at the back of her closet then kept the key on her car key chain. so thats an idea....
    Singlemama635

Answer by Singlemama635 at 5:42 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I used to have a small box that was kept on my closet shelf. I didn't lock it, but that was when they were pretty little. I don't have a lot anymore but would probably buy a lockbox if I did. Just something small that I could hide.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 6:13 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't understand why you want to hide the fact that you have safe sex from your children? Sex is a normal part of adult life, and you want your kids to know that condoms are important to keep yourself safe.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 PM on May. 16, 2009

• It's in a drawer in my husband's dresser. Coincidentally, the drawer right below it is where the girls keep their school socks (because they are constantly losing them so I have to keep track of them). It's never been an issue. The kids know they would be in all sorts of trouble if they went into our dressers (other then the sock drawer). They aren't allowed to touch our things without asking.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:45 PM on May. 16, 2009

• yea the kids need to know about safe sex but it would be really acward to have your kids find your personal stuff, telling them about it is one thing but as adults we need to have our privet stuff kept that way. would you really want your son finding your dildo and what not, i know i wouldn't...... its just to personal....
    Singlemama635

Answer by Singlemama635 at 7:16 PM on May. 16, 2009

• In the nitestand beside the bed. If my 15yo is that curious, I'd rather him know that his mother has a good relationship and healthy sexual attitudes. Anything I think that he should NOT see I wouldn't have in the house.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:30 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Why hide them. Teach your child to respect your privacy or have an open and frank discussion about the stuff.
    Anonymous

• I really don't hide anything, Once he is old enough or is having sex, he will know where the condoms are and they will replenish as needed. Why should I hide the fact that I have a sex life, it is normal and natural.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:08 PM on May. 16, 2009