My sister is a little over 7 months pregnant and she is having the following:

Going to the restroom every 5 to 10 minutes, lower back pain, and spotting. Is this normal?

JenaElliott

Asked by JenaElliott at 5:52 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No that is KIDNEY STONES she needs to go to the ER right away. Poor thing it's not fun i will tell you that. Get her up to the ER A.S.A.P.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:03 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Nope not normal. Sounds like some kind of infection. My friend has the same thing around this time and found out she had a severe kidney infections. I agree with raemommy...get her to the ER>
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:07 PM on May. 16, 2009

• peeing alot can be normal but every 5-10 minutes soo isnt..and if she just started spotting thats not good either! Thats more a beginning of pregnancy thing. I get lower back pain all the time so thats just a pregnant thing...and it only gets worse!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:25 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I agree if it is blood from that area probably kidney stones, but if she is bleeding vaginally, or spotting, wit the back cramps it may possible be premature labor too, either way get her to a Dr or the ER.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 6:32 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Diarrea and spotting can be a sign of preterm labor. Is she peeing every five ten minuets or is she going number two? Pinkish red discharge that resembles snot might be her mucus plug. I had back labor with my first born id take her to the ER so they can see if its preterm labor or not. I was actually dehydrated and had a bad bladder infection to the point that I couldn't walk with my second daughter and had to be admitted until my contractions stopped and was given IV fluids to help with the dehydration. My rule of thumb is if i'm not sure id rather be safe then sorry! Go to the ER!
    jennifer8585

Answer by jennifer8585 at 7:19 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Sounds like a kidney infection to me. I doubt it's kidney stones
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:20 PM on May. 16, 2009

• We took her to labor and delivery last night. We found out she was dehydrated from working in the sun all day. We found out the back pain was contractions after they hooked her up to the machine. After they gave her a bag of fluids, the symptoms started to go away. She is following up with her doctor on Wednesday. Thank you everyone for your support!
    JenaElliott

Answer by JenaElliott at 8:00 AM on May. 17, 2009