• In the Spotlight:

Are any of your children in sports?

Mine aren't. They don't seem interested. If they were in to soccer I'd play with them here at home.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 5:53 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter is playing baseball for the first time. She wasn't into doing sports and I pushed her into trying baseball and she loves it. I wouldn't have made her stay if she still hated it. I found out from her that she avoided sports because she was insecure she wouldn't be able to learn them.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 5:59 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My eldest (she's 6 now) played soccer last year and wants to again this year... her sister will be able to play also but isn't as interested in organized sports - she said she wants to though, so we may give it a try. They both want to take dance as well so we'll see.

We aren't competitive, but if my kids want to play, they can play. (Within reason - cost is a factor, as is scheduling.) We tried dance when my eldest was four, after a few weeks it became obvious she really just wanted to wear ballet slippers and run around the room with her friend; we can do that at home for free LOL so we stopped. But soccer last fall worked really well for her, she had a blast. I'm really glad they have so many opportunities.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 7:31 PM on May. 16, 2009

• He's 2. So nothing yet but we hope to have him try every sport at least once to figure out what he likes.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:15 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I have a daughter who danced for 10 years. When she reached her goal of dancing en pointe and becoming one fo the best in the state she stopped. She said she had a different career in mind once she graduated high school and would like to focus on that now that she had met her dance goal.

My oldest daughter hated all sports and wanted nothing to do with them.

My youngest daughter tried several things and never found her niche. She has done cheerleading, martial arts, and horseback riding.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:29 AM on May. 17, 2009