sippee cups while riding in the car in their car sear, yes or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on May. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Ya why not do you like something to drink when you are in the car? I do and theres no problem with sippy cups in the car seat.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:04 PM on May. 16, 2009

• umm depends... i dont let him eat or drink usually, but if its a long trip then a sippie is ok.. or i will keep it up front with me and he can ask.. i dont want them to get used to having food and drink in the car
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 6:08 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My kids always had sippy cups in the car. A lot of times it was just water but I felt it important to keep them hydrated. Sometimes it was juice. Of course, this was after they were done nursing. I still encourage them to take water in the car. We live in a very small town & have at least an hour drive to the nearest city.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 6:12 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Since kids over the age of two only need to drink water, why not a sippy? they are spill proof and choke proof. It is important to stay hydrated; don't you keep water in the car?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:36 PM on May. 16, 2009

• We always brought a sippy of water with us when we went out until they were about 2. Then only on long trips or if we were going someplace specific and they would need it (like out to eat or for a hike).
    My 3yo has long given up the sippy, though. She uses a regular water bottle in the car. She hasn't had a sippy cup since last summer when she was 2.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:43 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I think it's fine, my DS's carseat has a cupholder actually...so I see no problem with a sippy in the car, and even a little cup or baggie of cereal or crackers.
    lynnseyfaye

Answer by lynnseyfaye at 6:49 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Our rule was spill proof until they were old enough to not spill, now we use bottles with caps. I see no reason not to, especially on long trips.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:51 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes, I allowed cups as long as they were spill proof. I drink in the car so why shouldn't my child, especially when it is hot and humid out or we are on a long drive.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:07 PM on May. 16, 2009

• water only. it's the healthiest choice and not as messy when spilled
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:24 PM on May. 16, 2009