Lazy moms

Why are moms so lazy that they don't want to cook a proper dinner yet get so offended when someone asks if mac and cheese and chick nuggets are a balanced meal. What happened to the day where moms cooked dinner and the kids ate what was on the table or nothing at all. My mom worked and still had time to cook so dont use the i work outside the home excuse i'm not buying it. Me I'm just lazy and I'll admit to being lazy and I'm starting to cook more so why don't you make a plan to cook more healthy food for your children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on May. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Maybe it isn't being lazy, maybe they don't know how to make a proper meal. I am 32 & my mom is 81, 3 siblings are 24, 28, & 30 years older than me. When my Mom was a young mother, TV dinners & instant type meals were just coming into play. They were billed as time savers & the perfect solution to slaving over the stove. So when I was a kid, at least one part of every meal came from a box--instant mashed potatoes or boxed pasta mixes. It was just the way she was taught. Now I find it hard to get away from that. She taught me that way & it is hard to get out of that mindset of "instant" dinners. I am sure that a lot of moms who are serving mac & cheese & nuggets just don't know what they are supposed to be doing. Sure, some are probably lazy & don't care about nutrition but before you rush to judge, consider that some moms are probably doing the best they know how to do.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 6:10 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Who are you to judge? Really?

You don't know people's individual situations. Perhaps there's a mom out there with three kids that has fibromiyalgia and can't stand to stand in front of a hot stove or chop fresh ingredients every single night.

What works for one family doesn't work for another.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 6:12 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Just because you're cooking more doesn't mean everyone else has to. Just because a mom cooks her kids mac & cheese and chicken nuggets for a meal doesn't mean she's lazy or a bad mom. Why are you so judgemental?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:12 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't know how to answer this. lol My son eats very healthy foods. Even better than my DH and myself most times. lol But We do enjoy chicken nuggets and mac and cheese as well. My family eats what I make. Thats all. I'm not making three seperate meals. Oh no.

My sister on the other hand has a baby that is 13 months old, and she told me "he has neve had a real dinner" she blames her SO but where the hell is she that she cant feed her own child? She said the father give him soda and potatoe chips while shes gone, refuses to do anything with him wont change his clothes or diaper. and leves him ina swing all day. But she wont do anything about it.

I don't allow my son sugar, he is 14 months old, it has no nutritional value. So I don't understand why people give their kids candy and soda. things like that. But mac and cheese and chicken nuggets I have no issue with.
    Anonymous

• to funnyface1204. I'm just going off the responses in another question posted here. they were getting upset at the poster and saying stuff like that is all they eat and well i put this together with it and that makes it healthy then they told her to mind your business. So with that being said that is who i was calling lazy moms.
    Anonymous

• Guess what my kids had for breakfast? Donuts. Guess what they had for lunch? Mac & cheese. Guess what's for dinner? Grilled hotdogs.

What you think or say about my kids and our meals makes no difference to me. This was just one day of many...our habits are different every day. Stop judging people.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:15 PM on May. 16, 2009

• to ReneeK3... it not the fact that they are cooking this but it is the excuses that comes behind it. like that is the only way i can get him to eat or he starts screaming or I work outside the home. lilke I said I was the fast food queen and probably still would be if money wasn't tight with money being tight i had to start cooking more. and I'm choosing to cook healthy we are losing too many kids due to obesity and other dieases that come from being overwieght and unhealthy.
    Anonymous

• to ReneeK3 no one is judging. my daughter made scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast and eating whatever in the house so I don't always cook a healthy meal. did you miss the part in my post that said i'm lazy also. I guess you did miss that because you going on and on about judging geesh get over yourself.
    Anonymous

• You said why are moms so lazy? They aren't all lazy. Some are just ignorant or don't care. Some just don't see the harm in allowing their children to indulge in some good old mac & cheese a nuggets every once in awhile. I love it myself!

You make it sound like you're a superior mom because you're starting to change your habits for the better.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:22 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I'll think about answering the question when I'm finished with my Dairy Queen burger and fries. Unless I fall asleep first.
    AnitaVersion2.0

Answer by AnitaVersion2.0 at 6:26 PM on May. 16, 2009