How can you decide?

Many think of the abortion debate as black and white, or very limited shades of grey. So let me give you a new situation for those of you that say you are 100% pro life no matter what. What if it means an extra baby dies? My twins survived TTTS this is real not a made up situation. During my pregnancy I knew that I might have to abort one baby to save the other. I had talked to women that had to make that choice. This is not something covered under medical exception laws because most law makers like most people do not ever think of a time where you might have to abort a baby to save the other. My question is how do you tell a woman you must let both babies die?
Look at it from the other side too. With the new person hood laws what if you decidcide to take the chance of having both babies live and your doctor goes to court and forces you to abort? It was done to save a life so is it ok?

Alanaplus3

Asked by Alanaplus3 at 6:25 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I dont believe the Dr's know everything. when they say you MUST abort of one will die, they might very well be wrong and I would be aborting a healthy baby.

An older friend of mine was told that her 2 pregnancies should be aborted b/c the babies had SEVERE downs syndrome....they were BOTH born perfectly normal...

they dont know everything, BUT GOD DOES!!!! I'll let him make the choice for me!
    Anonymous

• It's so easy to say that Anon, when you've never been there.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:31 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I believe if God wanted either baby to die it should be left up to him.God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 6:32 PM on May. 16, 2009

• You can say that to me sahm....but I KNOW I would never have the courage to say Yes, abort my baby....I couldnt live with myself. Period.
    Anonymous

• And that would be your choice, but if one dies in this situation with out it the cord being tied off they kill their twin. It happens frequently. They have a surgery to help, but it is very risky and does not always work. This is something that the doctors do not take lightly even talking to the mothers about let alone having them make the call.
    But who is the general public to tell a woman you have to wait for both babies to die? Why is it wrrongfor her to try to get as many live babies out of it as possible?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 6:38 PM on May. 16, 2009

• And what about the other side if all these laws get passed like the person hood laws and your doctor says it is to big of a risk you can not wait and see and forces an abortion on you?
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 6:39 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I feel that it is wrong for the same reason I do any other abortion. It kills a child.
    You say it happens frequently and that can be highly debated. Twins alone wouldnt be called common. And on top of it a set of twins where one dies. would be even less.

I am not saying it doesnt happen, I know that it does.

I just prefer to let God make the decisions on who stays and goes. If Dr's have a way of saving one that doesnt require the other to die, then go right ahead.

The general public has a say so b/c this involves a human life. We regulate who does and does not have authority to TAKE that life. You cant just go out and kill, we have rules, that is why the public gets a say.
    Anonymous

• I'd like to see the day when an abortion is forced upon me, that will be the day I move to Australia.

Socialism at its best there.
    Anonymous

• So if a doctor can save one without the other dying, then you put your trust in the doctor then and not God. BUT if the doctor can save one, but not the other, then it is in God's hands?
    That makes no sense.
    So, people are saying, they'd rather BOTH babies die than saving at least one.
    So much for pro life!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I do have trust in Dr's to an extent. If the risks were very minimal then I might chance it. But if given the choice between CERTAIN death of one, then no. There is a difference in that big time!

I wouldnt RATHER have either choice. I would never want any of my babies to die, but I believe the choice of death should be in Gods hands. and if one baby would have CERTAIN death then no.

That is pro life.
    Anonymous