Do you meditate?

I think meditation is something that I might need to do to help cope with stress. Problem is I don't know how to do it. Any experienced mommas with tips/suggestions? Thanks in advance!

marsha78

Asked by marsha78 at 6:26 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes! i love it and its so relaxing its like youve just wokn up from a slumber,.and energized.

you go into a quiet room,.and get comfortable,.usually not laying down because youd probably fall asleep! but you just practice breathing,.in and out slowly.let nice thoughts travel through your mind,.nothing stressful,.just peaceful thoughts.dont grab onto any of them,.just let them passs trough your mind and go.you may only to be able to get 2-3 minutes of actual meditation at first but you can build up to 20 min,.etc.it took me about a month of everyday meditating to be able to acheive 20 minutes. you can add a water running sound to the room if it hepls more.

i usually think about runnng through a field in the spring with barefeet,.listeing to a cd with peacful sounds is also great.pm if you want more info! good luck!
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 6:31 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i do meditate sometimes before i go to sleep or when i'm alone at home!!!! i put a relaxed music on... its like praying too!!!! it calms me down and relax!!!do you have any nature cds!!! my dad download's it on the internet!!! the nature sounds feels like your floating in the air and relaxed too!!! so quiet and peaceful!!
    filipina99

Answer by filipina99 at 7:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes I do. I try to do it when I have difficulty trying to sleep or after doing some yoga. Think about your favorite things and things that bring you peace. Sometimes if you can achieve up to 20 minutes of GOOD meditation, it's as effective as taking a nap! You'll feel very refreshed.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 8:39 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My therapist taught me self-meditation and it is wonderful.

Pretty much all I do is close my eyes and calm myself by relaxing one body part at a time while breathing in through my mouth, holding it to the count of 5, and then blowing it out slowly. Once I am fully relaxed I begin to focus on a place that is mine and mine alone. It can be real or imaginary, but it is in my mind and it is where I can go to be alone and to relax. I think of the sights, the sounds, and the smells of my special place. No one can enter this place except for me. Once I feel fully tranquil and relaxed I slowly come out of my meditation, but sometimes I drift off to sleep.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:07 AM on May. 17, 2009