Do you go to church? I guess this question is mainly for Christians...

...just because that's what I am. Well, I don't really go to church. The ones I have been to I don't like, from stuff that seems weird to me like alter calls (I was raised Catholic, we NEVER did that!) to people who seem overly friendly or overly perfect. I guess my point is I haven't found a church to go to on Sundays..........

But I've read in the Bible and read daily Bible verses on facebook or whatever, and a lot of my friends are Christian so when the come over we hang out, eat, drink, laugh, and talk about God's love. Maybe like a cluster church (I think that's what it is called) without our group being in an actual cluster.

I'm Christian, and I believe in a very personal relationship with Christ, and am more of the "2 or 3 gathered in my name.........."

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 6:37 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You don't have to go to church to be a Christian, it's a way of life. I didn't go to church for a long time because I couldn't find one that I liked. I wanted a real "family" type feel. That's awesome that you have a group of friends like that. I have a scrapbook group that meets. I have also found a church that I love now, where no one is "fake" and I feel loved.

Remember, going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 6:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i go to church every week.
    livingangle

Answer by livingangle at 6:57 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes, I go to church every week. I usually go to church twice on Sundays and once on Wednesday. I enjoy the fellowship, the singing and the preaching. I love going to church!
    lordsong1002

Answer by lordsong1002 at 6:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't know how to find a church that I like...sometimes I find the sermons boring, but I heard that doing a church at home thing usually doesn't work out without a strong spiritual leader.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:13 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I go to church a couple times a week. I am lucky though, my husband works at a good church. Our pastor teaches through the Bible in a very thorough way. I go so often because I love to be there. I love to learn about the Word of God and I love to worship and be around my friends. We have a lot of young people and we have a lot of great friends.

I have been to other churches that weren't a "fit" for me though. Some were way weird and some taught false ideas. You are lucky to have close friends to talk about the Lord with; a lot of people who go to church don't have good Christian friends. I will pray that you do find a great church to go to though, so you can have the blessing of great teaching and worship. I know I persoanally grow more when I am going to church; if I have to miss for a long time when the girls are sick I start to feel it. I love going.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:56 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Southern Baptist
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:49 PM on May. 16, 2009

• we go most every sunday, unless someone is ill, or we're out of town. we've been known to 'visit' churches when we've been away.
    i was wondering, though...what do you mean by a church being overly friendly? isn't that what we want them to be?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:57 PM on May. 16, 2009

• we go every sunday and we love our church. i feel sorry for those that never fit in and seem lost. at least that is what i would be with out my church. i have friends, i learn so much, i get blessed, they help us if needed, they really care about their members. i'm mormon or lds. i wish that people would open their minds more and not get hung up on stories they hear from others about us. i usually can't believe when someone asks me if this or that is true. it never is. i just want others to be blessed with the same joy i have from being a member of a great church.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:08 PM on May. 16, 2009