Is there a better way to remove lice eggs from an infested person's head?

The combs in the lice kit don't help much and I tried the dog flea comb too. Those darn eggs are just stuck to my kids head! How can you make it easier to remove them or do I have to shave my daughter's head?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Health

• You need to go through the hair section by section and pull the eggs out one by one to get the ones the combs miss. If your daughter has light hair, it's really hard to see them so you need to hunt for them. Sorry, it sucks!
    Anonymous

• I highly suggest using a blow dryer on her hair.Unfortunately I got lice about 4 years ago from my in laws and looking up stuff that works, well that worked for me. It dries out the eggs. I wouldn't suggest using it on a very small child, it could burn them.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:43 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I guess vinegar melts the glue that they stick the eggs to the hair too, you could put that on her.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• The combs work better on wet hair with conditioner in it, but it's still a task. Good luck!
    lovemybears

Answer by lovemybears at 6:53 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My dd had it last year and yes picked it up at school again this year. Herbal Essence with the coconut, the blue bottle gets rid of lice. Crazy but works. Scrub your/her head with that for a few days...It works.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 8:53 PM on May. 16, 2009

• olive oil or baby oil and a lice meister comb. comb comb comb. lice need clean hair to stick the eggs to the hair strand, the oil will help to slide the nits and eggs right off.
    seriously though, a metal lice meister comb and just comb comb comb.
    If you have good eyesight and get get the eggs down to a smaller number cut the hair strands one by one with the eggs on them instead of shaving the whole head.
    get your lice shampoo from behind the pharmacy counter, not Rid, it doesn't work and home remedies do not work either.
    Anonymous

• if you have a flat iron, heat kills the eggs and nits also, try flat ironing her hair once a day on a daily basis and that will help after the combing. the other thing that works well is hair dye. if you dye her hair the same color it already is, that works too.
    Anonymous

• The best way by far that I have found is to use garlic. Garlic has be found in a 2006 study to kill lice and their eggs 100%. My daughter came up with lice eggs a few years back. (and I had dealt with lice before in one of my adopted sisters) I thought that it was odd that they were dead and the there wasn't any adult lice on her. I had started using a lot of uncooked garlic in our food and well I decided to research it and found that yes this is what God had chose to saved our family from a lice epidemic. (I have 7 children) For garlic herb caps contact me and I will give you the web site.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 9:40 PM on May. 16, 2009

• aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:20 PM on May. 16, 2009

• We read up on the lives of lice when I had them. We would continuously treat my hair in sync when the eggs were hatching and they were mating. We fought the lice for years. It wasn't until we read all about them and created a war plan that we won the battle!
    Anonymous