did I step out of line here?

My hubby and I had a few friends over, they are married, he is very strict, and generally just an ass hole. They fight alot too. I stay out of it generally when they have a fight and will walk out of the room and mind my own business. But they were here at our house this afterneen, and he started yelling at her, and my kids were looking freaked out, so I asked him to lower his voice, or take it outside. He stopped briefly, and then started yelling again. So I told him again, "hey can you calm down, or take it somewhere else, we try not to fight in front of our kids, I don't want you doing it either" At this point she was telling him okay lets just go, and he is refusing to leave, just wants to keep fighting with her here, I told my husband to tell him it was time to go (he is yelling at her again at this point after me saying twice to quit) Well now he is pissed at us for "interfearing" Did I step over the line here?

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 6:42 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think so.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 6:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No I don't think you did. I would have done the same thing. They are a guest in your house and if didn't have respect for your wishes or your kids I would have interfered too. I on the other hand would have sent my kids out of the room and told him to leave in a not so polite way.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 6:45 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No way, and what an ass for NOT taking it elsewhere.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 6:46 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Nope, and stop calling them friends. Probably not a good idea to invite them over either.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:50 PM on May. 16, 2009

• no not at all i don't care people are to respect your wishies in your home and your childrens home as well. he will get over it. I feel for his wife but on second thought shes putting up with his stupid ass. I don't allow people to raise there voices infront of my children or in my home i don't care if its family or friends. No you did not step over the line not at all.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:53 PM on May. 16, 2009

• nope you did good. I would have called the cops

Answer by admckenzie at 7:16 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No and that would the last time I ever invited them over again.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 7:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Nope. It's your home and your rules. Anybody who can't abide by them needs to leave. You could have told him it's not polite to yell at his wife anywhere, but least of all in front of other people.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:22 PM on May. 16, 2009

• It is your house and your rules. I hope you took advantage of a great learning opportunity to talk to your kids about how you hope they find someone who will not treat them that way when they grow up.
    haston

Answer by haston at 7:30 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No, you did as you should. I'd not get together with them as couples anymore, but it appears that the wife could use a friend if you like her.

Answer by Bmat at 7:30 PM on May. 16, 2009