How would u feel if...

I met this guy on myspace. We msg ea other all the time, even txt & call, but still haven't met in person. He makes me laugh til my side hurts, we have a lot in common & a few major differences, but ya know...we're not tryin 2 build a relationship aside from bein friends. SO, 2day, the issue of weight comes up. I'm not @ all skinny, but I really dnt think I'm big either. I told him what I weighed (178 lbs) & his reply was "DAAAAAAAAMMMMM MA! ITS A SHAME I DON'T EVEN WEIGH THAT MUCH & I'm HUUUUUGE!" I was crushed! How would u respond 2 that?

bridgeh2o

Asked by bridgeh2o at 6:47 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Tell him it hurt your feelings. And tell him that 178 lbs is not "huge". And ask him if he has ANY idea how to talk to women and that you DO NOT comment on their weight!!!!!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 6:48 PM on May. 16, 2009

• dont worry about it, I weigh more than some guys I know. Did you send him a pic of urself? If not, do it and see what he says
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 6:49 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Wow, that was rude! I would be mad and tell him to go fly a kite.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Indygirl. How old is this guy? He must not know how to talk to women, his mom should've told him the number rule about women: NEVER talk about their weight
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 6:50 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Well, from what you describe about the relationship- good buddies that laugh a lot together- he was likely just behaving like the guy that he is, and they like to kid around about such things. He probably thought he was being hilarious. Laugh along with him and forget it. You indicate that you aren't looking for a life partner. If you don't want to discuss certain topics, don't discuss them, he has no need to know your weight.

Answer by Bmat at 6:52 PM on May. 16, 2009

• He's seen pics of me... & I replied that he hurt my feelings by sayin that... It wasn't so much what was said as the way it was said. I mean, I've seen pix of him 2. He's not exactly small...
    & to bmat... I dnt mind @ all 2 discuss my weight. But I thought I was talkin 2 some1 who was gonna be respectful 2 me. My mistake...
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 7:01 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Krystle21... The man is 26! Younger than me, but old enough 2 kno better!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 7:04 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Defriend him on myspace. Do you really want someone around that would say something like that?
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 7:19 PM on May. 16, 2009

• he's not nice

Answer by admckenzie at 7:20 PM on May. 16, 2009