has anyones husband had a vasectomy?

if so can you tell me if you are happy about it and how it went?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• My hubby did. We can have unprotected sex without the worry of getting pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Yup, my dh did. It went fine. I love not having to remember to take the pill or running out of condoms. He did it on a Friday and went back to work on Monday. There is some discomfort and swelling. Just remember to have him clean the pipes and get his levels checked before you have unproteced sex. A friend of mine was all excited and they waited 6 weeks but didnt' have his levels checked. Now they have 3 kids instead of 2.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 6:54 PM on May. 16, 2009

• my dh did in nov and we are both happy (: no worrying no more depo shot done.. we have 4 kids altogether and im tired lol. he was in the room for maybe an hour and they gave him some zanxes ( i beleave thats what it was ) and he was calm when he went in. walked drunk when he came out lol he was a lil loopy ( it was so funny ) but he was fine with everything he was sore for about 1 week but he had it done on fri and was back at work on monday. he was a lil bruised looking down there for about 2 weeks but all in all it went well and he was fine. he made it threw his "major" sugrey ( thats what my dh calls it ) ohh and now he could give birth cause getting the big v had to have been more painful... lol... ( he was kidding )
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:54 PM on May. 16, 2009

• yes that too, they wanted 20 "loads" done before he took in his sample to test so till then condoms once he hit 20 he called his doc and brough it in a week later got a note from them saying all clear.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:56 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My dh had one and he didn't have any problems.  It is a very minor procedure and it isn't very long before they're back in the saddle.   We definitely don't have any regrets, it's wonderful to never have to worry about contraception or unwanted pregnancy.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:39 PM on May. 16, 2009