do you ever feel this way??

when i was pregnant with my daughter my ob put me on nerve meds i still take them so it can t be that but my hair is falling oout in handfulls literally please if you have any advice it is needed

111807mom

Asked by 111807mom at 7:02 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Some believe that the epidural causes that.
    Anonymous

• I hear alot of women say it just happens naturally after having your baby. I've never heard that an epi causes that. It is probably hormone related and just like your hair grew during your pregnancy it comes out after.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 7:05 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i didnt have an epi and my daughter is 18 months
    111807mom

Answer by 111807mom at 7:22 PM on May. 16, 2009

• epis dont cause it. its probably just because of hormones. since your hair gets thicker to an extent when your pregnant, your probably just shedding it now.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 7:24 PM on May. 16, 2009

• god i hope so
    111807mom

Answer by 111807mom at 9:25 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Get your doctor to check your thyroid. After having a baby sometimes it gets out of whack. Often hormones are the culprit but if you're 18 post partum I'd think that ship has probably already sailed unless you're pregnant again or still nursing? This happened to me for about 8 months after my son was born. The best thing for me was using good hair products, washing every other day instead of every day and using a comb instead of a brush (all suggestions from my hair stylist) also taking prenatal vitamins again helped as well. Any vitamins with iron should be helpful though. I'd get into the doctor and ask to be sure. Good luck!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:35 AM on May. 17, 2009

• im not pregnant and my milk dried up to weeks after i had my dd but thanks ad i definetly will check with dr
    111807mom

Answer by 111807mom at 12:51 PM on May. 17, 2009

• it also has to do with family histry
    awwa

Answer by awwa at 3:17 PM on May. 17, 2009