Time spent breastfeeding?

Moms of babies less than one month old... What percentage of the day would you say that there's a baby attatched to your breast?

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 7:27 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my baby wanted to eat every half hour just about,but she would only nurse for five minutes or so,not very long.the first few months are very rough and there is alwasy a baby sucking on u.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:33 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My dd was a preemie but she was able to come home. She would only wake every 4-6 hours to eat and would only eat for about 15 min. My ds on the other hand would eat every hour and a half for half an hour each time, around the clock. I agre with angelairelan, the first few months are the hardest.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:40 PM on May. 16, 2009

• In the beginning, two of my babies could nurse for 40min. straight and then want to eat again in about two hours. It can be time consuming at first, but it does get better and its soo worth it. Once they are older, they only nurse for about 5-10min. and then they are done. All babies are different, so its best to just go by your baby's cues for how often and how long to feed.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 7:48 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i love it! :) i was just curious about what others had to say.. i'm a stay at home mom. got nothin' but time!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 7:51 PM on May. 16, 2009