White stuff on her tongue?

I thought it was "flush" ( I actually don't know the word I'm looking for), anyways, I took her to the doc and he said it was a protien form her formula. Well, now it's getting worse and there are a few spots. What should I look for to make sure it isn't something more? Does formula really cause such thing???

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:32 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just make sure u wipe her tounge off every so oftern,it only thrush if its on her cheecks as well,and if u wipe it is realy red almost bleeding.if its not bothering her shes fine,i have a breast fed baby and i thought she had it too.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:35 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I would take her back. I believe is thrash, but you never know.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:33 PM on May. 16, 2009

• If it will not wipe off her tounge then it is more then likely thrush. I would take her back to the doctor.
    Anonymous

• Yes, formula does leave a coat on their tongue. You can use one of those finger tooth brushes if you want but it will go away on it's own. And the word you're looking for is thrush
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:33 PM on May. 16, 2009

• That probably is way closer than "flush".... lol. thanks
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:34 PM on May. 16, 2009

• thrush- thanks! I couldnt remember what the nurse called it. so you think I should take her back? She doesnt have problems eating
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:35 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't take her back. If it's thrush it would bug her b/c that's like a yeast infection in the mouth
    Anonymous

• clean her mouth out now smell it! Yes I said smell it, does it smell different than usual? Like yeast? Is it bothering her? If she smells yeasty and still has white spots after you scrub her out then take her back. Better safe than sorry!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:15 PM on May. 16, 2009

• The word is thrush, and it's from breastfeeding.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:45 PM on May. 16, 2009

• prettyrayray- thanks.. I got the word but it's not always just from breastfeeding, formula fed babies can develop it. Thats what the doc and nurse told me..
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:21 PM on May. 16, 2009