what would you say

If your dh said "You Think You Own Me" when you dont do or say anything wrong and he is trying to pick a fight? Isnt caring an being partners what marriage is. I'm only obsessive with things that are moral.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• All that sounds just like what the situation should be but Im not controoling nor do I demand Anything. I take care of everything and he doesnt meet me halfway on some thing, but i dont complain. I guess we just grew up with very different role models. Thanks.
    Anonymous

• wow id said Marriage Counceling!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 7:41 PM on May. 16, 2009

• "You think you own me" suggests a very unhappy man. How obsessive are you about normal things? Is he feeling like he has no choices on certain matters? It is a hard thing to hear regardless, I am sure it crushed you.
    haston

Answer by haston at 7:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• When it comes to morals people consider them differently, your opinion on what is wrong may not be viewed the same in his eyes, that does not mean he is wrong or you are wrong it just means that the two of you do not agree. There should not be any obsessive behavior you are not his parent he is not yours. If he is telling you that you don't own him chances are you are being a bit controlling.

MRSnMOTHER

Answer by MRSnMOTHER at 8:03 PM on May. 16, 2009

• "you don't own me"
    It sounds as though he thinks you are controlling him, or being his boss. As though he thinks you make demands rather than requests. As though there is something he wants to do but you have forbidden it. As though he feels that you think you have the right to be the person in charge of the household instead of 50/50.

Answer by Bmat at 8:45 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Not trying to bash on you just wanted to note something that you typed yourself "I'm only obsessive with things that are moral." That's not meeting half way, that is a form of being controlling...and demanding. Key word "obsessive". In a marriage you do not have that right. Good Luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on May. 18, 2009