How much should she be eating?

7 wks old- drinks about 5oz at least every 3 hours, sometimes more.... sometimes she wont stop crying until I give her another ounce but then she throws it up anyways. What to do? She HATES binkies.... so that won't work.

Sorry for all the questions!

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:46 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmm...that seems like a lot for a seven week old, at least to me it does.

Does she have a two-month well baby checkup? If not, maybe you could describe the symptoms to the doctor. My daughter was eating waaaay too much formula and screamed and cried like her belly hurt after every feeding. It was absolute hell. At her two month well baby checkup I told the ped about it, and she said it sounded like a milk allergy, or reflux. We had tried everything to help her except medicine and soy formula. Maybe something like Zantac and soy formula would help. Or if not soy formula, a more gentle formula like Gentlease that has more broken down whey protein.

It took about a month to see drastic improvements, but my daughter is almost five months old now and we've now got a handle on her throwing up. She's still on soy formula and takes Zantac twice a day, I really think that did the trick.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:51 PM on May. 16, 2009

• caitxrawks- That sounds JUST like her!!! We have her on that similac alimentum, can't get more gentle. Before that it was even worse, the throwing up was awful, now it's a little better but she still wants to eat that much. She also has taken zantac but he put her on milenta (sp?) and that seemed to help a little bit....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:55 PM on May. 16, 2009