How old was your baby when he/she learned to crawl!?

My son will be 8mos next thursday & he is not crawling yet. He is very active...he is rolling all over the place & stretching/scooting for things but wont get on his knees & crawl? He is doing great otherwise:) He sits unsupported, he rolls/scoots, he sips a sippy cup, he can feed himself ( sometimes his eye or nose but hey nobody's perfect! LOL ), he has 2 teeth & he says dada/dad/mama/yum/etc. My niece is 3mos older than my son & I thought she started crawling sooner?? I know it varies w/some babies but I'm curious of your feedback, thanks!

whispers2005

Asked by whispers2005 at 7:47 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my lil one was 5months but she started walking at 7months,she is 11 1/2 months now and runs,says five words,dance climbs on couch,we worked with her alot, ur baby seems to be doing pretty good.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 7:52 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My baby star to crawl at 8 months. You baby is doing really good. My oldest son start to crawl at 8 months too and start to walk when he was 11 months. Some babies will not even crawl, they will just walk, Enjoy your time now, because when he start, you will have soooo much work !!!! BELIEVE ME!!!! lol.
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 7:54 PM on May. 16, 2009

• 9 mos for my first and 11 mos for my second.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:55 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My son started to crawl around 8 months also. Keep in mind that not all baby's crawl, some skip right to standing and walking along the couch. As long as your LO is showing signs of interest in moving around to explore the world around him (which he totally is from what you describe) then he's doing great! Isn't it amazing to watch??

PS My son is now 9 1/2 months old and has NO teeth. They all do stuff at different times, that's part of the beauty (and fun!) of raising your own sweet baby :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:57 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Thanks ladies for all your input! I feel a lot better even though I figured he was doing good he is my first & so I wanted to be 100%. He was 3wks early via induction too & was floppy/unresponsive @ birth due to what doctors called "transitional stress"....I figured he was just not quite ready to come out ( 3 days of labor! ). Sooo...I thought maybe he was a lil behind but glad to hear he is doing fine! I agree w/you beckcorc that is the beauty/fun in raising your own sweet baby! thanks!
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 8:06 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Some babies never ever crawl :D

My daughter is only 4.5 months old lmao. I can't wait until she start crawling.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:07 PM on May. 16, 2009

• All babies are different my DS is 5 and a half months and is scooting on his tummy and rolling and I taught him to roll onto his tummy and wiggle off the couch (bad idea now hes climbing off it every chance he gets) but maybe put him on his hands and knees and show him how to be on his hands and knees. He might skip crawling and go straight to crawling!@!!!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:09 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Mine started the day she turned 6 months.
    But since your son is rolling and scooting to get to things, he may never crawl. He may be content with that until he learns to walk.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:15 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My hubby & I both get down on our hands & knees & are like "Look son, like this!"..LOL. He laughs away ( probably at us rather than w/us! LMAO ). I was told by my friend the same thing, he may skip crawling altogether. that's fine too....
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 8:40 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My ds crawled in a circle and backwards for several weeks. he started crawling on hands and knees at 11 months old (10) months adjusted.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 8:53 PM on May. 16, 2009