So if there won't be a reformation...

And all the various branches of Christianity won't be merging back together, how do you know which branch is the "right" one? And how long does it take you to study them all to figure out whether you're a Methodist or Presbyterian or JW? Seems like it would take most of your life just to filter through which denomination you're supposed to be.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:54 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• For me (as one of JW's) it came down to the beliefs that each taught, their origin and if they were in line with the whole Bible, I loved learning about what different Hebrew words really meant because it changed the context and meaning if you put back into place how it was written in Hebrew, and for me there was no tradition I would consider to great to give up for God,
    I do believe that (as a Christian) it's very important to understand the TRUE meaning of God's word if one wants to truly worship God, The Scriptures say that there were/are people who worship God with ZEAL but not according to accurate knowledge, Romans 10:1-4
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 8:17 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't worry about all that denomination stuff. I am non-denominational. I just study the Bible and spend time with the Lord. He leads me.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:58 PM on May. 16, 2009

• To be Honest .... *They Don't * np.... (JMO)
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 7:59 PM on May. 16, 2009

• They don't. All they can do it pray... In the end I don't really think it would matter though. I'm not christian, but lets just say - for arguments sake - that they are right... I don't think that their god would be so ignorant to the imperfection of mortals and only choose one christian religion. They all have faith in him, they all worship him, and love him. How could he choose one child over another? Christian is Christian is Christian... They all follow the same god.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:02 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Most denominations believe the same central doctrines (pentacostal, baptist, presbyterian, lutheran, catholic). We just disagree on how to worship. It is more a matter of personality. Some people are laid back, some are excited, some are serious, etc. So you find a church that fits your personality. Ex. if you are very shy and reserved you probably won't feel comfortable in a pentacostal church. If you are very young and you didn't grow up in church you won't want to go to a stuffy old lady church.

The ones you need to study to find out who is "right" doctrinally are the ones that differ in central doctrinal beliefs (mainstream Christianity, mormonism, jehovah's witnesses, etc.). They have different beliefs regarding the Trinity, the Deity of Christ, heaven/hell, etc. So Christians should do research on those beliefs and find out what they believe and why.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 8:08 PM on May. 16, 2009

• The one that sticks with the Bible alone no other books throne in! This the true church-baptists do!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:16 PM on May. 16, 2009

• no church is not a personality test it is place to worship God!
    Find a Southern Baptist preacher and ask him the differences?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:18 PM on May. 16, 2009

• stay away from JW! cult alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DANGER!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:20 PM on May. 16, 2009

How rude of you, though I guess that explains the WHY of the no reformation
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• It has to agree with John3:16, and Eph 2:8-10 in the King James Bible
    JW add false books which is a real sin! and a have a false bible!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:25 PM on May. 16, 2009