Well... how do I set up a routine with a 7 wk old?

She sleep a lot in the daytime and is up most of the night.... what can I do to flip it? How do I keep a 7 wk old up more and develop a rountine so she understands?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 7:57 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you really cant do much because they dont start to hit a steady routine until 3 months some times. Here re some tips tho, when its daytime, have curtains open, be active, talk/play with baby as much as possible. At night be sure to feed baby in a dim quiet place. Make sure baby sleeps in a room that is quiet and dark and nite time, and naps can be in a more busy area. make a bedtime routine at nite: bottle, bath, clean diaper, story, lites out.Even tho they dont understand the story, they learn the pattern towards bedtime. My son is 5 weeks mineday and he still doesnt have a strong set pattern, somedays he sleeps more at nitw than others, all depends...
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:02 PM on May. 16, 2009

• You cant you have to let the baby do the flip naturally. The routine will happen naturally you just do the same thing every morning and then she'll catch on. For now a 7 week old is going to sleep 18-20 hours a day still. I found it easiest to stay in the living room and watch TV at night rather than get frustrated in the bedroom and then when shes ready to sleep you go put her down. Shell do the flip in the next month or so you just gotta tough it out. Dont try and force her by keeping her awake that is bad for her. GL
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:06 PM on May. 16, 2009

• og my goodness... my babies have never slept 18-20 hours in opne day, no way! lol
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:17 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yeah, sorry to say you can't really force a schedule on a baby the little. You just have to let her run the show for a little while. Just sleep when she does for now and eventually she'll switch on her own when she becomes more aware of her environment and notices the light. Light tends to regulate your circadian rhythm (your biological clock).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:42 PM on May. 16, 2009