Do you think in a month?

That you can know that you want spend the rest of your life with someone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• As in never knowing them, meeting them, and then deciding that? Hell no. If you were friends with them for a long time before then maybe.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:09 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes you can. I met my dh within one month I knew. I saw him with his daughter and his nephews along with all his other good qualities I knew that I wanted him to be the father of my kids. That was 12 years ago. We've been married for 10 yrs. We got engaged 3 months after we met but had a long engagement (2 years) to make sure.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 8:20 PM on May. 16, 2009

• You might think you love this person, but do you really know them? Everything is always good when you first get together with someone! Let the newness wear off a little bit, and let real life set in!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:30 PM on May. 16, 2009

• A month isn't long enough, although I am sure there are people who can tell that they only knew each other for a week and have been happily married for 90 years. (kidding) But everybody is on their best behavior when first dating. Give it a while for them to relax into who they really are before deciding that you know them. I knew my husband from work but really not on a dating basis for a couple months. Then I went away to school. I was lucky that he is such a great guy, because looking back on it, that probably wasn't long enough.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 PM on May. 16, 2009

• It's been known to happen, but I don't think that's usually the case.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:08 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I think so and here is my personal logic. I dated my ex for over two years (met him in college at 19 married at 21, sex started soon after 1st date). Once we were married his true colors slowly yet steadily began to shine their ugly heads. I didn't know who he "really" was until after we were married and living together.
    I knew I wanted to spend my life with my husband after only a few weeks into our friendship/relationship. I don't know how I knew I just did. Maybe it was bc we didn't get intimate right away and we started off as friends first and then dated. Anyway, I have never been more sure about anyone or anything and I love being married to him!
    haston

Answer by haston at 9:43 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes, you can. I know many people that knew right away, they may not have acted on it right away but they did know.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My DH and I fell hard for eachother pretty quick. We said I Love You after 6 weeks of dating, and professed we wanted to spend our lives together at 4 months of dating. We were engaged 16 months later, married after 3 years of dating.

I think a month may be a little soon to truly know this, but to each their own. Just make sure you know EVERYTHING about eachother before you get married and you COMMUNICATE very well.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:26 PM on May. 16, 2009