Would you still demand a diamond ring knowing that it could be a "blood diamond"?

http://www.worldpress.org/Africa/2193.cfm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The vast majority of all the diamonds in the world are owned by Debeers. Last I knew, they had declined to buy / force out of business two small mines that produce colored diamonds. All the other mines belong to them or sell only to them. So as far as I'm concerned, they ALL are blood diamonds.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:34 PM on May. 16, 2009

• There is an 85-96% chance that my diamond isn't a "blood diamond." I think I'll continue to enjoy it.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:20 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Eek no. I watched a movie on that infact I think its called blood diamond. I felt guilty fo ever even wanting one. I own a wedding set one large daimond and the band has 19 small. I took it off until I heard from the place we got it that its clean. uhhh how sad.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 8:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I never demanded a diamond, the ring is not what I have to love, like, share my life with and every important decisions with. The ring SHOULD NOT be important, only the man you will be married too. If the ring is a bragging right or a show piece and NOT the love...dont say yes!!!!!
    My ring cost about a houndred bucks, and I love it as much today as I did 18 years ago...

As for a blood diamond, NO, I dont want any part in it.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:23 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No, im 2 broke 2 have anything with diamonds on it anyway :(
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 8:23 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I never felt the need to own a diamond. I don't even like jewelry.
    Anonymous

• I would never DEMAND a diamond anyway. If I KNEW that it was a blood diamond I'd want nothing to do with it. I feel pretty confident that mine is not a diamond, but I guess you can't really be 100% sure. Just to be on the safe side I have made it clear that I don't want any more diamonds. My engagement ring is plenty!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:24 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No, I told dh no more diamonds for me. Not like we can afford them anyways but I will not contribute to that industry.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 8:24 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My ring was a old hand-me-down, so I don't know it came from.

But I did tell my husband that I don't even want any more diamonds ever because of this.

I prefer pearls anyway.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:27 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I would never and have never demanded a diamond. And I can assure you that the ones do have arent "blood diamonds".
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:27 PM on May. 16, 2009