any idea?

my almost 7 week daughters hands and feet are like wet and clamy but cold feeling && she is very fussy.....the rest of her is warm and she had a temp earlier of 99.9 ..... y r her hands n feet like this?

she is bottle fed n is eating ok.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is a new new baby you have there! 99.9F is considered a low grade fever, and as long as is doesn't reach over 100.4 you don't need to call your Pedi. Her body is getting blood to the major parts of her body right now (heart and liver lungs etc) so cold hands and feet are totally normal. Our baby is 5 months and her feet are still clammy and cold. If there is nothing else unusual going on, I think you have a totally normal baby:)
    mellibelli917

Answer by mellibelli917 at 8:26 PM on May. 16, 2009

• My newborn was constantly running a fever over 100 for the first two weeks. She was having a really difficult time adjusting her body temperature and I was constantly watching her. As far as her feet, that is natural. I have read that you can not judge a temp based on feet and hands. Did you take the temp rectally. At this age, that is the best way to determine her temperature and it is simple.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:33 PM on May. 16, 2009