Why is it that the moment someone asks a question there has to be someone looking to take offence to it?

I asked a question about a week ago about starting a group devoted to ending religious intolerance. I am still recieving hate mail. Not to mention the not so loving comments that one anon left on the post it self. I don't understand. I am doing something that I feel is a big deal, standing up not only for my religious choices but those of others and how is it that someone could feel that I am wrong for that? ~ I guess that's why groups like mine are needed... So, sad...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:34 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Too much time on their hands.

It is obvious that they have not seen the group.

It is very non-bias and wonderful, IMO.  I learn something everyday.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 8:36 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Because when it comes to religion there seems to be a general consensus that everyone either thinks like you, or is against you.

BTW... please let me know if you get that group started
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 8:37 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I don't know why you are getting hate mail

but I am going to bookmark this post and the next a "why do you post anon" post comes up there will be responses because they don't want hate mail. This response will follow with I never get hate mail...and my response will be but some people do even a week later.
    Anonymous

• That's so sad. I looked at your group (and will probably be joining it), and it seems like a wonderful group. Though the ones who need it the most, probably won't join. *sigh* I wish some people would grow up...
    taylor-made

Answer by taylor-made at 8:42 PM on May. 16, 2009

• mandaday ~ Yes, I did start it...

www.CafeMom.com/group/EndReligiousHate

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:43 PM on May. 16, 2009

• The funny thing about offense... they are usually looking for a hole and they find one ... I am very strong in my faith... so you can't really offend me... I think that people who get offended might question their own faith??? What do you think??? My husband tells me often that people who put others down have low self esteem... in order to build themselves up they must step on others and put them down... Does this apply to religious intolerance??? Maybe ... hm... Food for thought!!!
    RustysMom

Answer by RustysMom at 8:44 PM on May. 16, 2009

• i am personally interested in different religions my dad was catholic mom was baptist so i do consider myself a christian but i have alot of questions now that i am an adult some are probally dumb but i want to know.
    silly7

Answer by silly7 at 8:45 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Sweetie my answer to your last post applies to this one as well lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:46 PM on May. 16, 2009

• It's only human nature to read a question or comment with experience that can only come from within our own selves. Meaning, anyone can read anything into a question without hearing someone actually speak that question or answer. We are only left with our own personal interpretation when we are reading. The internet is a perfect example of this. We are only left with our own interpretation of a question.

When you word a question, you have to be careful to avoid any words that can be taken as offensive to others. For example, the word YOU automatically assumes a reaction because it is accusatory.

Hope that helps.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:46 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I am sorry you are getting hate mail. I can't understand why someone who visits this section would have a problem with a group for people to talk about religious beliefs.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 9:03 PM on May. 16, 2009