Also posted in Religion section...

Should CM make the anon button an OPTION to the poster of a question?

IMO, there are way to many people that use the anon button to take cheap shots and say nasty things just to anger and hurt people. I'm not saying take it away all together but make it an option for the poster. If you are asking a question that you don't want people to answer nastily to and hide behind the anon - don't offer, then they can skip it or have to own up... OR when you are asking a personal question you can offer it and allow people to use it for what it was meant for, privacy... Not hate!

What do you think? Should CM allow the posters of questions to disable the anon option?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:40 PM on May. 16, 2009 in About CafeMom

• No I don't. CM has already answered this question in another group.
    Anonymous

• I agree, It's very upsetting to see rude comments. Especially to people that are really reaching out for help. But on personal things. I don't have a problem if someone wants to post ann. But I agree with you

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 8:43 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I agree
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 8:54 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No. The anonymous button cannot make people stop using rude comments. Those that wish to still answer rudely will find a way to do so. If you don't like the comments, don't read them. Don't go back and look at how others have responded to your answer. Just take the answer you are looking for and go from there. You don't have to read the comments.
    Anonymous