Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do in this situation?

My fiancee has been gone an entire month and it has been postponed for another 2 weeks. He wants me to come, because neither of us can stand it much longer. I've cried everyday some days more than once. But, see my mother who right now is paying the bills said if I go she will stop paying for our cheap(kind of cheap for our area) apartment. In this situation should I do anything to go and be with my love? He's been gone a month of my pregnancy already. What should I do go or stay? But, I miss him so much and it really kills me. And he's angry at how my mothers doing, he really wants me there too!
Help's under pregnancy because I am pregnant and very very stressed out!

Answer Question

Asked by heathertilton08 at 8:43 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • Didn't you ask this question already?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on May. 16, 2009

  • I'm not sure I understand. Where has he gone to? Why can't he come back? What's been postponed for 2 weeks?

    Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:45 PM on May. 16, 2009

  • I hate to say this but you'll have to kiss your mother butt for some time, unless you find a way to pay for all that you need, this realy stinks for you since you miss him so much but i would just wait it off for sometime, you will need your moms support especially now, so dont do something irrational. Im sure this isnt what you want to hear but thats the only advise i can give you,. Goodluck.

    Answer by BigSurprise2 at 8:55 PM on May. 16, 2009

  • Yea I'm totally confused too.

    Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 8:57 PM on May. 16, 2009

  • I understand about the crying. But if your mother is supporting you and has set conditions then you don't have much choice. Perhaps, if you aren't already, you can be working on being independent. Get job training and a job so that you can support yourself and won't need to rely on others. Good luck. I know it hurts to be separated.

    Answer by Bmat at 9:00 PM on May. 16, 2009

  • Sounds like maybe your mom has a problem with your guy huh? SO why doen't your guy help you with your rent instead of your mom? Then she wouldn't have a say. Sounds like maybe you should go for a quick visit to see him and come straigh back to mommy who pays the bills because you have to have a place for this baby to come home to right. Good Luck.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on May. 16, 2009

  • if you dont have money for your own place and shes paying the bills for your apartment I hat eto say it but you have to stay for the child. Youll get to see your fiance soon enough...its only another 2 weeks and id say waiting that two weeks and having a place is better then being on the streets with a child dont you think?

    Answer by hug4akiss at 9:19 PM on May. 16, 2009

  • Well the most practical fix to this situation is to get out from under your mother by finding a way to pay your own bills. I don't know what your situation is or why she's paying your bills so please understand that I'm not trying to judge you but if your mother is threatening to stop paying the rent then it seems that she thinks that you could find a way to pay it yourself.

    Other than that I would just skip the visit for now. Your needing a place to live is far more important but it is important that you destress so do what you must to reduce your stress.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on May. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.