My husband is lazy. What do other women do to motivate

their husband besides do the work yourself or scream bloody blue mourder. Example, if I ask my husband todo something, it may take a year or more for himto complete it. He does not maintain my car and there have been times it has broken down with our toddler in it, making for a dangerous situation. Yet, when he wants something done, I am suppose to jump. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• You're not alone. I know nagging doesn't work. I have found that using a very calm, soothing voice and explaining myself without whining seems to do a little better. I have taken the time to write my thoughts down before addressing him and then referring back to my notes in the heat of the moment to bring myself back to the point.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 9:07 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Marriage is 50/50. If it is his job to maintain the car, then he should do it. If he isn't doing it then pay to have someone else do it. It might be wise if you haven't already to sit down with him and write down who is responsible for what. For my husband, he has a full time job, maintains the cars, mows, does any heavy work and most repairs around the house. handles the financial matters. For me I care for the cats, plan and cook the meals and shop for the food, clean the house, pay the bills, laundry, shopping for gifts. If I notice something on his "list" that needs to be done, I'll ask about it, but that's as far as I can go. If it doesn't get done, I'll tell him that I'll hire somebody, it takes the pressure off of him. I don't ever order him or nag him, he'd be insulted. or stubborn. :)

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Why can't you maintain your vehicle? If you didn't have a husband, you would have to do it yourself anyway. I am a single parent, I not only maintain my vehicle but I shovel the snow and cut the grass. IF your husband is lazy and doesn't help you, stop doing everything for him. He will soon get sick of wearing dirty clothes, not having food made for him, etc. Any relationship is 50/50.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:43 PM on May. 16, 2009

• mine is not lazy but if he was i would tell him i'm to lazy to give him sex if he didn't do more. of course if your not giving him any in the first place that may not work so well. i give my husband plenty of sex but if he doesn't do something i want or he hurts my feelings i won't. so yeah i use sex in a way but were happy he gets sex and i get my needs met cause really it's not met in bed. i never cum although it is good.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:12 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I have to explain myself, like say "the reason im nagging so much is because..." than give him your input but be ready to listen to HIS input
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 10:15 PM on May. 16, 2009