what does it mean when you bruise easily?

I'm 18 weeks pregnant...I bruise very easily right now I have a big very purple bruise on one of my boobs no one has touched me either what could it be..

rissa1789

Asked by rissa1789 at 9:04 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sounds like anemic
    talk to your dr and he will give you prenatal with iron or iron pills
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:05 PM on May. 16, 2009

• It could be that your blood is thin. If you notice a pattern of bruises you don't know how you go, I would have it checked out. My mom bruises very easily, and it's because she takes a blood-thinning drug called Koumadin.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:07 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I agree with both above answers. Low iron causes bruising as does thin blood. I would check with you OB for the best option. If you blood is thin the dr. might want to thicken it before delivery and if you anemic you'll need iron to help baby develop.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 9:32 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Anemic, that's what I am, ask your doctor for iron, trust me it'll help but steer clear from milk when taking it. Just wait 4-5 hours before eating or drinking any dairy, or else your butt will hurt, honestly!! But your ok, iron will do the trick and their small green pills so it's easily taken.
    Anonymous