Neglect

Ok so I was at my sil's today helping her pack well our girls were in my neices room so we thought and out of the blue dd came running in telling her to come quick and see what her cousin had. My sil returns with a open bottle of cough medicine (my neice is 2 still not suppost to have it unless perscribed) and my neice walked over to me and she had blue across her mouth from drinking it her mom just shrugged it off. 1 hour later my dd comes into the middle room and says her cousin is drinking paint (thank heavens it was non-toxic. I had checked in on the girls a lot while there but my sil never once checked on them unless my dd said my neice was into something, Is her not caring that her dd drank cough medicine neglect? She didn't even try to see how much she drank just said oh well what would of happened if my dd wasnt there to tell her that her dd was drinking this stuff ?Omg I'm worried about my poor helpless neice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's scary. I would talk to her husband. Cough meds can kill a kid.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 9:09 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yea, I would be worried too. I'd be freaking. Like gaging my kid to throw up..Thats scary.
    Thats a bad deal too when it's family
    Anonymous

• The sad thing is this isnt the only stupid stuff she pulls when my neice was first born she would have a friend over and let her friends ds who was like 3 watch her new born while his mommy and my sil slept, she don't give her a bath and when I go down there as often as I can I have to bring food just so I know that my neice has something real (not candy or chips) to eat it breaks my heart she actually told me she hates kids even her own dd. And all I can think is omg she's going to end up murdering her and I fear for my neices life.
    Anonymous

• If you are seriously worried, sit her down and talk to her about it. And if it goes any further, I'd be on the phone with CPS, ASAP. Women like that disgust me. Take pride in being a mother, it's the best thing in the world.
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 9:18 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I just have one question, if you are that concerned, why haven't you done something sooner?
    Anonymous

• You can call child protective services anonymously. If they feel that the baby should be removed from the home they always place them with family while they investigate.

That is what I would do because it sounds bad enough that something should be done. Who knows maybe this will be a wake up call to her that if she doesn't take care of her daughter someone is going to take her away.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 9:22 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I haven't done anything because until tonight what I have heard was second hand information then sil and I started talking and she told me about our friends ds watching her.
    Anonymous

• i would sit your brother and your sil down and talk to them and if things didn't change in the next couple of day call cps. kids should always come first no matter what. GOOD LUCK!
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 1:15 AM on May. 17, 2009