how to lose weight

Hey I'm trying to lose some weight. I've been working out but it's not helping out much. I'm also watching what i am eating. I'm to the point where i think i might use diet pills. I've done everything i can think of. I'm working out everyday and i have been doing the slim fast diet and the Special K diet. So what else can I do? If there is anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• DIET PILLS = BAD THINGS...because you'd have to take them for the rest of your life in order to not gain back double the weight.

Really weight loss is simple. I've been a personat trainer for over 10 years, so I know that most people overthink. Many women think they need to cut out all their favorite foods, eating only 3 carrots a day. But this is WRONG. You need to feed the body in order to lose weight. You should eat every 3-4 hours, portion sizes no larger than the palm of your hand (as your stomach is only the size of your fist) since you ate only a couple of hours before you won't be really hungry. DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!! Screw the 8 glasses a day, that's not really enough for everyone, as everyone s different. Cut out the salt and unhealthy wheats from yiour diet - but go ahread with ANYTHING IN MODERATION!!! THen make sure you do lots of cardio (45-1hour/day) and totaly body strength!
    KickButtMama

Answer by KickButtMama at 11:49 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I tried Special K and Slim fast, both failed me. I eat a normal diet like healthy cereal for breakfast, a salad for lunch, a 100 callorie snack, dinner I have whatever as long as it's portioned right, and a weight watchers snack after dinner. I also eat TruChocolate before each meal, which can help you lose up to 1 pound a day. I do 30mins of cardio a day, like walking or jogging, nothing major and in 3 weeks I lost 17lbs. If you want to know about truchocolate go to www.yeschocolate.info or my mainpage. Anyways, this is what I do and it works.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 9:40 PM on May. 16, 2009

• There is no possible way that "TruChocolate" can help you lose up to 1 lb per day. If that were the case then it would be all over the news. Sorry, but 1 lb of fat is equal to 3500 calories, so if what you are saying is true, then this product burns that many calories per day? As far as the 17 lbs lost in 3 weeks are concerned, most of it is water weight and will come back on if you go back to your regular eating. If you stick with your diet, I guarantee you will probably not lose anything else for quite some time as there is no more water weight to lose. BTW, you are not suppose to advertise in the question and answer section.
    Anonymous

• Ok anonymous...she was trying to be nice and tell the person that asked the question what SHE does and what works for her. And she wasn't advertising, all she said was if you want to know more then go to the website. The person asking the question obviously WANTS TO KNOW MORE because she asked a question!!!! I wish you couldn't choose to be anonymous because less people wouldn't be so rude and hide behind it.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 2:26 AM on May. 17, 2009

• She IS advertising, it is splashed all over her profile. She sells it and is looking for customers. This wasn't about being nice, it was about making a buck. As for answering the OP's question... No diet will work. You have to find out how many calories you should eat per day, look online, there are a ton of websites dedicated to weight loss. Also you need to exercise enough that you are working up a sweat for at least 30 minutes per day. Again, can't be a diet, but a lifestyle change that you can live with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on May. 17, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, and really hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits and veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat and dairy. Add beans, lentils, and tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:38 AM on May. 17, 2009