pneumonia

My daughter-in-law took my grandson to the emergency clinic and found out he has pneumonia...I am watching him because she had to work. He will be 3 yrs old end of August. His fever under arm is 102.7. I just gave him 1 tsp. childrens tylenol & at 10pm he takes amoxicillan...With an underarm temperature what should it be for me to be really concerned about. I'm now a grandma and forgot it's been so long since my son was a small child...If i do a rectal temp...what temp should I be worried about and how long to leave thermometor in both ways......Thank YOu

scrap728

Asked by scrap728 at 9:51 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when my DD was 3 she got pneumonia and was put in the hospital in one of those oxygen tents. when her temp got to 100 i took her in to the hospital. i know the normal temp for people is 98.9 GOOD LUCK!
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 12:58 AM on May. 17, 2009

• His temp. was 105 but when taking tylenol it comes back down...Emergency clinic said to bring him to Children's Hospital if he has a fever still running on monday. Between the anifbotics & tylenol I'm hoping that he gets well soon...At least the Childrens hospital is only three minutes from my home by car....Thank You for your answer...He isn't having trouble breathing & I have the humidifier on for him like the clinic suggested.........Just has this cough that won't go away and fever on & off.
    scrap728

Answer by scrap728 at 9:01 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Well, he no longer is running a fever so it looks like the medicine is starting to work.. Tomorrow he has an appointment to see the peditrician and I'm hoping that soon he gets rid of his cough...It's so hard to see children sick......
    scrap728

Answer by scrap728 at 6:41 PM on May. 20, 2009