about Alli

I really need to lose weight. It's starting to get pretty bad. So I'm thinking about using Alli. Has anyone used it and does it work? Also is it really worth the money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• lol, it works! Believe me, you will only cheat with that pill once!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:55 PM on May. 16, 2009

• omg! i try this sh** does not work. $50.00 to the trash. so i went to HERBALIFE AND LOST 15 POUNDS IN 2 WEEKS.

rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 9:57 PM on May. 16, 2009

• No, my mom had it when you had to get it perscribed and it helped to not store fat, it didn't help get rid of old fat. But it sucked because (i was taking it) you have to wear a huge pad EVERY WHERE because your butt leaks orange oil. When you fart, you fart out the oil, it's because it's dumping out the fat you just put into your body (food). It just help so when you worked out you were getting rid of old fat, and the new fat was flushing out your butt. I wouldn't do it, try Hoodia, I bought some for $20 at walmart in a green bottle, it works great, when I eat I only end up eating half of my food so when I exercise I'm getting rid of all my stored fat. It's great and healthy.
    Anonymous

• Why do you say I will only cheat once?
    Anonymous

• lol Great answer!! So true! It really does work though. A great supplement to eating healthy and exercising and it doesn't mess with your body, well, except for a little in the back end. lol
    Anonymous

• My friend and I took those for a while. we both lost weight, but one day she decided to eat like three oreos...and ended up having to change her pants because of the oily crap all the other posters are talking about.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:01 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Because if you eat too much fat then you will have a problem with oily discharge. Also, like the PP said, this isn't for getting rid of fat you already have, it helps your body not absorb the new fat intake. Just don't eat a lot of fatty foods and you won't have the horrible discharge.
    Anonymous

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Diet Pills can kill you. They did my mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 17, 2009

• I did started Alli for 2 weeks now and I have not had any of the 'effects' described above, they are possible if you eat too much fat with your meal that you take the pill with, including what you've eaten an hour before and after that pill. I just watched my fat intake, not so much the calories but so far I am down 6.5 lbs and that's not with much exercise at all. Now that I'm done with college for the summer exercising will be much easier and I expect to see more weight fall off! My goal is to lose 80lbs. I think if you have the determination/will power eat right and exercise also and just need that little boost to get you motivated then it's good that's all I'm using it for then once I get in the routine I'm not going to continue using it because I really don't like taking pills of any kind, but I just need a little help getting the first 20lbs. off! Good luck!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 11:49 PM on May. 17, 2009