I need to lose weight

Hey I'm trying to lose weight but I'm having trouble. as of right now money is really tight and I don't know what to do. I was going to do Weight Watchers but I don't have the money. I go for walks and i try to eat better but i don't think it's working. So do any of you have any ideas on what I can do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You don't need money to lose weight. Just keep your calorie count between 1200-1500 (depending on your weight, height, etc... look up online, tons of resources to tell you how much to eat) and up your work outs. You need to get your heart rate up for at least 30 minutes (again, lots of online resources to tell you what your heart rate should be). I would also recommend resistance training. You can do walking lunges, pushups, tricep dips, sit ups... all at home without spending money.
    Anonymous

• You can lose weight without spending a thing...in fact, you can spend less! Dump the processed foods in favor of fresh foods. Cut down on bread and up the veggies. There are exercise proigrams online that you can participate in.

If you have access to any free exercise equipment it is easier; we have a treadmill and stationary bike that hubby has been using for his exercise program. He's dropped 60 pounds since January simply by exercising and changing his eating habits to dump red meat and carbs.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:42 PM on May. 16, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle; this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    First, start walking; at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Next, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html .Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 9:41 AM on May. 17, 2009