I'm worried about my son.....(a little long...)

So my son is the typical 6 year old.. tons of energy very happy and friendly. well since about 2-3 days before mothers day he said he wasn't feeling well. i was cutting his hair and he said he was cold. then he said he needed to sit down (i cut his hair in the bath tub). so he sat down and i gave him a drink or water then he started sweating but was still cold. So i finished cutting his hair and he got a shower. he said he felt find after his shower. So then on mothers day he said he was feeling the same way again. we were at my moms and his cousins were there and he didnt even want to play. so i passes it off as being tired. he doesnt sleep long enough.... so on and off throught the week he was very tired, not wanting to do anythink etc... then today he had a fever of 102.3 i gave him motrin and it went down. so my question os, do you think its just a virus or is it something i should be worried about? he said nothing hurt.

CoreyLynn

Asked by CoreyLynn at 10:13 PM on May. 16, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It's been a week I would give his pedi a call. Hope he gets better.
    Anonymous

• i am going to call on monday. i am just really worried about him. hes not himself at all.. :(
    CoreyLynn

Answer by CoreyLynn at 10:18 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I know how that feels it tears me apart to when anything is wrong with my son. I just pray like God whatever is wrong with him take it from him and give it to me. My son is only 8 mos but I had to see him suffering and esp. because he's a baby and he does'nt know how to maintain.
    MzBee2009

Answer by MzBee2009 at 10:24 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Could he be dehydrated or constipated? I know if your dehydrated it can cause a fever and cause you to feel weak. I also have stomach issues that cause me to be irregular and when I feel bad I sometimes get a fever and get cold. Hope he's feeling better soon.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:48 PM on May. 16, 2009

• I know my son had a virus that lasted about a week, He ran temps usually in the evening just wasnt himself. Then one day he was ok. I did take him to the dr but since there was nothing majorly wrong there was nothing they cold do. It was hard to know he was feeling bad.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:35 AM on May. 17, 2009

• Call the nurse at your doctor's office. She will tell you whether or not to come in.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:20 AM on May. 17, 2009