Roe vs. Wade

What do you think about "Roe" from Roe vs. Wade changing her position from pro-choice to pro-life?

She is currently protesting Obama's visit to Notre Dame, a Catholic university, not only because he supports abortion and this is not aligned with the Catholic stance against abortion, but also because she no longer agrees with the pro-choice mindset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on May. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Rhonda...yes, I believe that every woman who has ever used abortion as birth control is a murder. I would be willing to hear an argument that would allow for medically necessary abortions or termination of pregnancies that resulted from rape or incest, but these account for a very small percentage of abortions performed. Abortion isn't an "all or nothing" thing. In most countries, abortion is limited to medical conditions or rape issues and a strict time limit on these procedures are placed. America feels free to slaughter babies without discrimination and that is sick.

I also agree with NovemberLove about it going beyond choice to determining "right" and "wrong"...abortion is wrong.

Now to answer the actual question...I am glad she is pro-life now. It kind of makes the legal argument weaker in my eyes....you had someone fighting in a landmark case for something that she no longer supports now that she is older and wiser.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:35 AM on May. 17, 2009

• She changed positions quite a few years ago, and that's her prerogative. I still don't feel it's correct for anyone to force their opinions on anyone else. It's a dangerous precedent. What if the next thing they force is whcih religion you practice?

Answer by gdiamante at 10:38 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Yes gd.... because choosing your own religion costs someone thier life! What a GREAT analogy!

eye rolling

Anonymous

• I cannot imagine the guilt she must live with. Knowing 1.3 millions unborn babies are cut up and sucked out of their non moms because of a court case involving her. Her child was lucky and was not aborted since it took a long time for her to fight for her right to murder him. I cannot imagine how he must feel now knowing because his mom wanted him dead and went to court now millions of kids are being slaughtered what a legacy to leave a child.

As a child who survived an abortion (my twin did not). I feel for him and for her. My mother committed suicide after I was born. Seeing me in her arms made her realize she had murdered my sister. She did not feel lucky they missed me and did not kill me she felt awful my sister died. Abortion hurts women so deeply. Any woman who feels nothing after an abortion and does not feel bad has no soul.
    Anonymous

• Any woman who feels nothing after an abortion and does not feel bad has no soul.

What a completely asinine and ignorant statement.

Look, the woman has the option to change her mind...it is, after all, a free country. She has the right to protest whatever she wants to protest. However, she isn't really special...had it not been her, it would have been somebody else that challenged the laws. Do you not realize what women went through when abortion was illegal? Do you not know many of them died trying to perform abortions on themselves? Or from less scrupilous back-alley doctors? Abortion isn't new...it's been around since the beginning of time...it's always been with us, it will always be with us...the only difference is it's now safer and legal. Outlawing abortion doesn't stop it...it just drives it undergound and kills women needlessly.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:21 PM on May. 16, 2009

• Wow, Anon 10:51, it must make you very proud that you have the ability to judge others so easily without having been in their situation. Let me guess... you're one of those people who assumes that everyone who gets cancer smoked, or everyone who has AIDS is gay?

How about the little 9 year old girl who conceived twins after being raped by her stepfather, and her mother and doctor aborted them because she would have died otherwise? I suppose she's a murderer too?
    Anonymous

• Those aren't the only differences the other difference is it happens ALOT more often because now it is legal and very easily accessed AND heard of as "no big deal."
    Anonymous

• ppl change their minds all the time. isnt there a congressman who just changed from a Repub to a Democrat here recently?

its not my job to judge anyone for the choices they make in life...nor is it anyone else's job.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:37 PM on May. 16, 2009

• He was always a dem for the most part lol but anyway
    Anonymous

• it happens ALOT more often because now it is legal and very easily accessed AND heard of as "no big deal."

And you know this how? Answer: You don't...because it was illegal nobody knows how many women had abortions in that time...nor do we know how many have had abortions throughout all of history...and abortion has ALWAYS BEEN AROUND! It wasn't invented in the 70's by Planned Parenthood, ya know? It's always been here...and it wasn't even illegal all the time. You anti-choice folks act like a bunch of bra-less, hippy feminist invented abortion and birth control in the last 40 years or so and that's just not true. Women have been attempting to control their reproductive cycles and pregnancies since we first climbed out of the primordial mud. We learned early that only by doing that can we control our lives and our survival. And it's still just as true today as it was all those thousands of years ago.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:41 PM on May. 16, 2009